Revolutionizing Urban Mobility: inGO’s Flee Takes Micro Mobility to New Heights
As urbanization intensifies, so does the strain on our cities, leading to a surge in population and escalating traffic congestion. The consequences are longer commute times and a pressing need for efficient last-mile connectivity solutions. Addressing this gap in the market is inGO, an innovative startup that’s reshaping micro-mobility in India.
Founders Paving the Way
Established in 2018 by Nikhil Gonsalves and Manjunath Panthangi, inGO proudly represents ‘India Goes Electric.’ This ‘Made In India’ initiative ensures that every component is manufactured and sourced within the country. During the conceptualization phase, Prasanth Krishna joined as the CTO, proving instrumental in translating the founders’ vision into an award-winning product portfolio. Adding to the team’s strength, industry veteran Ramani Iyer, co-founder of Justdial, joined during customer validation, playing a pivotal role in fund raising, marketing, and customer success.
Flagship Product: Flee — More Than Just a Ride
inGO’s flagship product, ‘Flee,’ is a last-mile micro-mobility vehicle meticulously designed for ergonomic comfort. Capable of carrying up to 150 kgs and covering a range of 120 kms, Flee prioritizes the nuances of the Indian consumer and the biomechanics of the human body. The ‘Golden Triangle Ratio,’ which considers hand, hip, and leg placement, ensures a superior riding experience. The seat positioning and hip placement redesign, influenced by insights from experienced orthopedic doctors and inGO’s in-house design team, contribute to unmatched comfort.
A Journey of Excellence: Key Milestones
- Government Grants and Recognitions: inGO has secured government grants exceeding half a million USD, emphasizing its commitment to fostering innovation in micro mobility.
- Bosch DNA 2 Best Accelerated Startup Award: The prestigious award from Bosch recognized inGO’s excellence, leading to the deployment of 40 bikes for Bosch at the Prestige Lakeside Habitat Eco program.
- Funding from Industry Stalwart: Mr. Ramani Iyer’s investment of Rs. 2Cr has been instrumental in the successful launch of inGO’s flagship product, Flee.
- Swift Prototype Development: inGO’s agility is evident as they designed and launched the first Flee prototype in under 8 months.
- Rapid Deployment: Within 12 months of the pilot phase, inGO deployed 200 bikes on the road, covering an impressive distance of over 5 lakh kms.
- Recognition from Leading Institutions: inGO’s contributions have been acknowledged through awards and grants from Niti Aayog, NSRCEL, Startup India, Bosch DNA, Altair, and ARAI.
Accelerating Towards the Future
Currently, inGO has sold over 200 bikes, and with active plans to expand production capacity to 500 bikes per month in Hosur, the company is steadfast in its goal to reach 1500 bikes per month.
In the ever-evolving landscape of urban mobility, inGO’s Flee is not just a mode of transport; it’s an experience prioritizing stability, ease of riding, and sustainability.